THE RULES OF THE ROAD, AKA THE LEGAL MUMBO JUMBO, AKA TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This document/page sets forth the terms and conditions under which tour participants (“Visitors”) shall participate in tours offered by Metro Tours USA Inc. (“Metro Tours”). By registering for a tour with Metro Tours, Visitors and/or their representatives warrant that they have read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions set forth herein.
PARTICIPATION IN THE TOURS BY A PERSON WHO IS NOT YET 18 YEARS OLD INDICATES THAT A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN HAS ALSO READ AND CONSENTED TO THESE TERMS ON CONDITIONS AS TO THE MINOR(S).
- Only tours booked in advance through our website are guaranteed reservations. We allow walk- up guests when space permits.
- Visitors should dress appropriately for weather conditions predicted for the day and time of chosen tour. Metro Tours highly encourages Visitors to wear comfortable walking shoes, to carry only necessary personal belongings (such as purses and backpacks), and to limit any extraneous items (such as shopping bags).
- Metro Tours is not responsible for any items belonging to Visitors that are lost, stolen or left behind on tours.
- Each tour route includes several stop locations, however it is unlikely that Visitors will have the opportunity to sit during the tour.
- Visitors under 18 years old they must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or teacher.
- Metro Tours aims to conduct scheduled tours in all weather, however reserves the discretion to cancel a schedule tour in the case of inclement weather that will jeopardize the safety of guides and/or Visitors. Should a scheduled tour be canceled for weather-related reasons, Metro Tours will work to accommodate Visitors affected by such cancelation by scheduling them on different days/times. In cases where rescheduling is not possible due to the Visitors’ schedules, a full refund will be issued.
- Reservation cancellations by Visitors within 48-hours of scheduled tour will result in a credit for future use. Reservation cancellations by Visitors at least 48-hours ahead of scheduled tour will be fully refunded. In the rare event of a reservation cancellation by Metro Tours for reasons other than weather-related reasons discussed herein, Metro Tours will fully refund the reservation and offer up to 100% of the value of the original reservation price as credit towards the purchase of a future tour as. This credit cannot be used in any other way and will not be transferable nor cashable. Metro Tours reserves the right to determine any adjustments to this policy on a case-by-case basis.
- Audio and video recording of any kind is not permitted during the tour, however we encourage you to take and share photos. Metro Tours reserves the right to take photographic, video, or film records of any of its tours, including Visitors, and to use any such photographic, video, or film records for promotional and/or commercial purposes.
- Any recommendations made by Metro Tours or our guides are not paid or compensated by any vendors featured on the tours or in literature distributed to Visitors.
- Tours do not include gratuities for guides and should be given at the discretion of Visitors. If you are happy with your experience, we recommend 15% – 20%.
- Metro Tours expects Visitors to be respectful of each other, tour guides, other pedestrians, vendors and any other individuals encountered on a tour. Metro Tours has a zero tolerance policy for disruptive behavior, or any other type of behavior which interferes with the enjoyment of the group, and reserves the right to remove any offending individuals from the group without refund.
- Metro Tours cannot be held responsible for any injuries or medical or legal expenses incurred during the tours or as a result of activities or injuries incurred during the tours. Visitors agree to bear full responsibility for any liability resulting therefrom and shall release, hold harmless and indemnify Metro Tours, its officers, agents and employees from any and all claims, damages, costs (including reasonable attorney fees) and liabilities arising out of Visitors’ participation in tours or use of site facilities other than those resulting from the gross negligence of tour guides, agents, or employees.
- Travel costs (taxis or subway/bus rides) are the sole responsibility of tour participants, unless expressly indicated in the tour description or contract.
- Metro Tours aims to begin all tours on time. No refunds will be given for Visitors who arrive late and cannot connect with the tour in progress.
- Metro Tours respects the privacy of its Visitors and will keep Visitor contact information and email address confidential. Metro Tours reserves the right to contact Visitors to request feedback on tours.